The population of Korytyshche village (Myronivskyi district, Kyivska region) suffered from the Holodomor-genocide of 1932-1933 in Ukraine.
During the Holodomor, the village belonged to Bohuslavskyi district. At the territory of the village, the kolkhoz named after Shevchenko was created. Everybody who had the land and the nice and wealthy house were called “kulaks” and repressed. The number of dekulakized was 70 persons.
The head of the village council Holovenko tried to help his co-villagers to survive. The head of collective farm Tkachenko also helped the peasants.
Before the Holodomor, there were 325 yards in the village, but only 300 left afterwards. Whole families died. The houses were abandoned, that’s why they were deconstructed. Out of the general number of the dead from starvation (400 people) only 93 are identified. 56 of them are children. The cart ridden by two men was carrying the dead from starvation to the cemetery, where the bodies were thrown in the common pit.
At the mass burial, located at the village cemetery, the Memorial cross was installed in 1993.