The population of Syrove village (Vradiyivskyi district, Mykolayivska region) suffered from Holodomor-genocide of 1932-1933. On the territory of the village seven kolkhozes were organized. There was the funeral brigade in each of them. It was picking up the corpses of people killed by starvation (sometimes there were even half-life people), and bringing them to the big common pits on the central cemetery. 10-20 corpses were thrown into the every pit. This was at the eastern part of the cemetery. Besides, each collective farm picked the orphans up to the house, where nobody lived (the owners of which have already died from starvation), and organized something like an orphanage – public boarding school, “patronat”. However, the children were nourished poorly, or even were left hungry. In 2008, at the place of the mass burial of Holodomor-genocide of 1932-1933 victims, the Memorial wooden cross was installed. The author of it is Kruhlenko Oleksandr Hryhorovych. In 2018, the wooden cross was replaced with the monument.