The population of Radomyshl town (Zhytomyr region) suffered from Holodomor-genocide of 1932-1933.
In 1932, the Communists turned the Radomysl Church of St. Nicholas on the pouring grain point. According to the eyewitnesses, a local grain export was striking, bread gathering stretched from the church in two rows for several kilometers. In the local shops there were only vodka, salt and matches. In Radomyshl, Torgsin (shop for the purchase of precious metals) worked, was situated in the center, on the first floor of a two-story building (former accounting school), had two departments: buying and redeeming.
In the complete documents of the Radomyshl District State Administration on the Starving District of April 11, 1933 it was discussed: “Affected villages and cities – 31 settlements with 10893 people. Totally swollen 895 people, collective farmers of them: 129 adults and 408 children. Individual sector – 108 adults and 340 children. On April 12, 1933, 29 nurseries and 22 grounds for 2536 children, partly from the poor and from the individual sector’s families, were opened in the district.” In 1931-32, in four schools of Radomysl there were 1763 pupils, in 1932-33 they remained 1511.
There are no exact data on the number of death in Radomyshl, but we can only approximate the number of dead people. Thus, in 1931 in Radomysl lived 12900 people, in 1933 – 11100 people. But these data are subject to clarification.
In September 1933, the Radomysl collective farm named after Blyzniuk was put on a “black board” for breaking the tasks of the party and government about autumn sowing.
In Radomysl, not only his inhabitants died, but also those who came from the district village. Dead people each day were picked up by special trap. It was loaded not only to the dead, but also to the half-living people, then they were taken to the cemetery. Between the town cemetery and the kaleyards, from Horkyi St. to the walls of the district hospital, there was excavated the ditch. About 3 thousand corpses of inhabitants of Radomyshl district were brought in and buried there. For a long time, there was the scrapyard on this mass grave. On the part of the mass burial territory, the garages for local electrical network were built. Nowadays, the territory of cemetery is cleaned, and the symbolic wooden crosses were installed there.