In 1929–1930, a collective farm named after Taras Shevchenko was established in the village of Veremia, and 6 families of wealthy peasants were dekulakized. At that time there were 372 farmsteads in the village, where 1900 people lived. Almost a third of them (about 500 people) were starved to death. Eyewitnesses of the tragedy recalled the names of 32 fellow villagers.
As of now, one mass grave of the Holodomor victims is located in the village cemetery. In 1993, a Holodomor memorial was erected there.
Source: “Obukhiv Chronicles”.