In 1929, an agricultural artel was established in the village of Dolyna, and then a collective farm named after Kalinin. When it was created, 8 families were dekulakized. In 1932, the village of Dolyna was subordinated to the Obukhiv district together with the village (formerly a hamlet) of Makarivka, founded in 1923. In 1929 a collective farm was also established there. During the Holodomor genocide, 370 people died in two villages, 350 of them in Dolyna.
One mass grave of the Holodomor victims is now known; it is located in a village cemetery. A wooden cross was erected there in 2007.
Source: “Obukhiv Chronicles”.