The first agricultural artel was founded in the village of Dereviana in 1923. In 1930 a collective farm named after Chubar was organized. At that time there were 287 yards in the village, where 1309 inhabitants lived. About 300 people died in the village during the Holodomor. Interviews with the eyewitnesses of the tragedy revealed the names of 27 people killed by starvation.
One burial of Holodomor victims is now known, located in a village cemetery. There is a metal memorial cross, without an inscription (1997).
Source: “Obukhiv Chronicles”.