The population of Tainytsia village (Tetiyivskyi district, Kyivska region) suffered from Holodomor-genocide of 1932-1933. A the early 1980`s, at the place of the mass burial of the people who died from Holodomor of 1931-1932 (it was a very big pit there), a not very high mound was created, and an iron cross was installed.
In 2007, due to the initiative of Humeniuk Hayna Oleksandrivna, the head of the village council, the monumant at the place of the mass burial of Holodomor victims was installed. The marble monument consists of three parts: the figure of the dead mother is painted on the pedestal, the child, who is inclining to her, and, on the right side, the cross on the stand. The author of the monument was Humeniuk Hayna Oleksandrivna, the head of the village council. Her co-author became Chernenko Yaroslav Petrovych, who changed the painting on the central plate. At that time he was the student of the Odessa art school.