The population of Oleksandrivka village (Myronivskyi district, Kyivska region) suffered from the Holodomor-genocide of 1932-1933.
During the Holodomor, the village belonged to Bohuslavskyi district. At the beginning of the 1920s’, a collective farm was created in the village. It was subordinated to Myronivsky sugar factory. In 1928, an agricultural artel “Zhovten” (“October”) (its head was P. D. Peretiatko) and collective farm “”Pershe travnia” (“The 1st of May”) (its head was Kupriyan Shkapa, later there was Bilotserkivets) were created. The landowners resisted, they did not want to enter kolkhoz. That’s why 27 families were dekulakized and exiled to Siberia.
This is what local newspaper was writing about the process of grain procurement.
“Sliakh Kolhospnyka” (“The Way of Kolhoz Member”) newspaper No. 71, the 14st of August of 1933:
The kolkhoz, which is the most dishonorably lagging behind the grain procurement plan (according to the data of the representative of the committee of grain provision at the Council of People’s Commissars), is Oleksandrivka (“Zhovten”) – 0 – the head is Bilotserkivets.
In 1932-1933, the terrible evil of the Holodomor killed about 400 peasants, among them there were 110 children. There were the cases, when 2 to 6 children died in one family, and there were up to 40 such families in the village. 7 persons were repressed.
In 2007, at the place of the mass burial The Memorial cross made of grey granite was installed for the costs of A. S. Danylenko