The population of Lypky village (Popilnia district, Zhytomyr region) suffered from Holodomor-genocide of 1932-1933.
About the situation in the village, we find out from the appeal of the heads of the Kyiv regional executive committee to the Chairman of the Council of People’s Commissars of the Ukrainian SSR Vlas Chubar, dated after February 15, 1933, in the annex it is stated that 95 families of collective farmers were starving, of which 29 were swollen.
In the certificate of the information and sowing group of the Central Committee of the CPU (b) on the facts of starvation and mortality in some regions of the Ukrainian SSR, dated February 28, 1933, it is noted that the family of the collective farmer Ivanenko from (8th person), who has 600 «trudodni» workdays, is starving in the Lypky village of Popilnia district. In this reference, it is noted that especially sharp forms of hunger were happened in areas of Kiev region, accompanied by swelling of famine, fatalities, as well as the facts of cannibalism. The deceased villagers, according to the old-timers, were buried at a distance of 500 meters from the village council in the northwestern part of the cemetery. At the place of the Holodomor victims’ mass grave, the granite Memorial cross is installed. In the 1980s’, the head of the village council Pokotylo A. K. conducted the census of Holodomor victims. She established 302 persons, among which were 101 children.