The population of Myronivka town (Kyivska region) suffered from the Holodomor-genocide of 1932-1933.
During the Holodomor years, Myronivka was a village that belonged to Bohuslavskyi district. At the beginning of the 30s’, the collective farms (one named after Stalin and the other called “Bilshovyk” (“Bolshevik”) were created there. In order to complete the state grain procurement plan, even the wheat appointed for the seeds and for feeding animals, were taken out from the collective farms.
The inhabitants of the village were repressed: the confiscations of food stocks, which left the people without the means for survival, dekulakization, and exile were used. Semen Kononovych Bezkrovnyi, Omelko Zakharovych Burlet, Feodosii Dryga, Pylyp Okolot, Vasyl Okolot, Potii Okolot, Klym Prokhorenko, Mykola Siomko, Yevkhymiia Hloba were dekulakized.
During the forced collectivization and mass starvation, when several dozens of the inhabitants died every day, the storages of the Myronivska railway station were full of corn, rotting and decaying. However, they were protected by armed guardians, who were told to shoot everyone who comes close to them. According to the eyewitnesses’ memories, about 700 inhabitants of Myronivka died from starvation. The victims were buried in the large common pits at the cemetery. 125 dead are identified, 78 of them are children.
At the mass burial place, the Monument “To the Holodomor Victims in Ukraine” was installed. It is the figure of mother with two children. The smallest of the children holds the spikelet in her little hands. The author of the monument is O. Kutil.