The population of Turbivka village (Popilnia district, Zhytomyr region) suffered from Holodomor-genocide of 1932-1933.
According to the old-timers, in Turbivka village, more than 300 people died of famine in 1932-33, of which 137 people are identified. The burial was carried out at a distance of 1 km from the village council in the western part of the village in the south-eastern part of the village cemetery, on the right side at a distance of 50 m at the entrance to the cemetery on the highway Kornyn-Brusyliv. At the cemetery there is a mass grave site where a monument to the Holodomor victims of 1932-1933 is installed. On a stone of light red color, on a candlestick the ferro-concrete candle is established. An imitation of flame from copper is on the candle. On a granite stand, a granite slab with a black stone gabbone is built-in with the inscription: “To famine-starved fellow villagers. 2007”, a symbolic cross of rye is minted. Figures “1932-1933” are engraved on the stone. The official opening of the monument took place on September 20, 2007. The author of the monument project and performer is Anatolii Oleksandrovych Klivadenko.